Saturday, August 8, 2009

Albay

Bicol (part 1)

Alright! This is just about our Mt. Mayon in Cagsawa Ruins, Albay.

The moment i get out from the plane and s
eeing the volcano standing so proud I was like, OMG! I'm getting goosebumps all over my body! It was really different when you see it with your naked eyes than looking it from a picture. I cant even tell how a huge mountain like that exist and how come it was alone, I mean no other mountains near the volcano, 360 degrees view of the same shape wowed me in my own feet. It was a little cloudy when we were there but the heat was welcoming us, well summer in the south was really hot. Whew!


Cagsawa Ruins, Albay


From Legaspi airport, we took a tricycle going to Cagsawa Ruins where we can have a better view of Mayon. Yes tricycle is enough to carry us three (I was with my two friends) and yes again there were just the three of us who took the adventure in Bicol, no we dont have a travel sponsor.

So we did tambay mode for I think 3 hours in Cagsawa taking pictures and feeling the wind blowing on us. Actually the Cagsawa church remains was already modified by the people there to maintain the build itself. As seen in the pictures, only the church's top part of the tower was saved from the volcano's erruption long long time ago. There were huge rocks which are part of the church that were thrown everywhere and there were crosses beside the remains which will be used for holy week.

When I saw the volcano, I was amazed again seeing it so alive and active. The smoke never stopped going out from its mouth, parang nagyoyosi lang hehe. The volume (volume ba?) of smoke is not consistent every minute, one that I'm afraid of when we were there, we can never tell when the volcano is going to be wild.


smoking volcano

We had this trip mid-March, a good time to travel around the country because it is summer! Although Bicol is one of the places that typhoons like to visit, during summer south part of the map is hotter. Kapag mainit sa sentro, mas mainit sa ibaba. Hehe.

0 comments:

 
Wicked Quest. Template Design By: SkinCorner