Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Confession of a Student *Chapter 2*

- The Alarm -

My class starts at 7 in the morning. I get up at 5 AM. Depart at 6. One hour trip. Two hours every subject. Four subjects in a day. Two hours lunch break. Go home at 5, sometimes 6 or 8 pm. Yup. It’s a bit stressful but fun.

*Kkrreeeeennggg….Kkkrrroooonnggg…..Beeepppp….Tooootttttt….*

My alarm is set at 4:30 am.

“4:30… aga pa.. 15 mins pa…”

“4:45.. inaantok pa ko… bzzz…”

“5:00 … haayyy… zzzz.. ngork…”

“5:30… shit! Asaarr… late na ko… inaantok pa ko… *yawn*”

My alarm is set at 3:00 am.

“3:00… haayyy… sandali 15 mins pa….”

“3:30… naku… inaantok pa ko pero sige na nga… kelangan magreview eh…”

“Reviewing… calculating… reviewing… analyzing… reviewing… sleeping..”

“4:30… hmp! Hala kalahati palang pala narereview ko, nakatulog pala ko…”

“5:30… sa sasakyan ko na lang continue toh.. ligo na ko…”

“6:15…*riding a jeepney on the way to school*… sleeping…”

“6:40… manong bayad po.. estudyante… review muna…”

“7:00… still reading my reviewer while walking in school…”

My alarm is not set.

“5:15… hmm… nu oras na? hmp…*higa ulet*

“5:45… liwanag na.. naku… late na ko…”

“5:47… hmp! Anong araw ba ngayon?...hmm… Sabado! Walang pasok! Waaa!”

When I was in my elementary years, I hate going to school. I cried a lot. A lot. I always look for my mother. I wanted her to be always near me, even inside the room. When the class started, she stares me from outside the school. She put herself in a place where I can see her from my seat because I’m sitting near the window of our classroom. When our teacher caught my attention for just a while and then looking back to where my mother stands and finding out she’s not there anymore, I started to cry. I was so shy then that I was crying the whole class hours or often getting into sleep because of it. I don’t want my classmates. I don’t want my teacher. I don’t want going to school.

I sleep with my mother beside me in those days. The alarm was set near my head or ear, or just put near us where we can reach it easily. Everytime I woke up early and realizing that I woke up before the alarm beeps, I slowly turn it off then go back to sleep again. A while after, we all woke up late. I didn’t have to go to school because the clock didn’t alarm, and even I hurried myself to dress, I’m very late. *A little technique ^_^* wakoko…

0 comments:

 
Wicked Quest. Template Design By: SkinCorner