Wednesday, August 2, 2006

Confession of a Student *chapter4*

BABY TALK

I attended an outreach program last Saturday, a project of SAVC wherein we would play and feed street children, or those who are in need. We went to PICC and gather along them near the biking area. Though the rain drops, the show must go on!

At first we played some games, sang some songs and do a lot of fun activities, I was amazed with them for the energy and being active… oo! As in active!!! I saw that they like interacting to other people, they love to learn new things and meet friends – they were all so friendly. Most of them are at the ages of 10 – 13.

After a little story telling and charade, its feeding time!!! *^_^*… So sad, I wasn’t able to give a plate or drinks to them because I’m guarding my buddies/classmates stuffs… *eerrr*… I sat in the back and tried to play the guitar. Young ones in front of me keep on asking and smiling at me while eating and listening to whatever chords I play.

“Ate, marunong ka mag-gitara?”

“Hindi eh… Konti lang…” , I answered.

“Ah.. ako rin eh..”.

I was talking to a 13-yr old girl, she’s holding her plate and eating spaghetti *yum yum*. As I continue playing guitar, I saw the straw of her drink beside her, placed in the cement floor where she was sitting. I hurriedly pick it up, wipe it clean and place it over her drink.

“Thank you po”, she said.

I just gave her a feedback smile.

After a while Sarah *eow* sat beside me and begin to talk.

“Eto, di man lang mamigay ng pagkain oh!”

“Oh, ikaw magbantay dito, ako mamimigay…”, *hehe*

“Ay may bata dun oh *pointing to a little child* ayun oh! Binigyan ko ng pagkain, yung spaghetti tapos sabi ko ‘Kain ka na’… sabi nya ‘Iuuwi ko na lang to kay mama ko, kawawa naman yun baka di pa sya kumain’…. Ewan ko kung kinain nya yun.

“Oh? Sinabi nya yun?” I asked.

“oo.”

“Awww….” >> touched! * T_T *

Really… really… Nakakaano yung sinabi nung bata… Nakakatouch.

Looking at them, I feel the warmth of their love to their family, although they are small they know how to care, and they choose to give what they have to their family instead of giving it to themselves… how touching!!!! * nakakaiyak naman….. T_T *

I just suddenly thought, why other family broke up though they have all luxury can offer. They eat complete meals everyday or should I say they can eat anytime they want but they can’t keep the bond of the family. I think most of them are from the middle class and above, or those who “have” the gold and the silver. But look at those who have nothing, those children who have nothing, listen to what they say, you’ll feel the bond of their family. Even though they have nothing eat nor house to shelter, still they keep in touch and never give up. That is what you call a family who loves each other, stays together…*aw*…

0 comments:

 
Wicked Quest. Template Design By: SkinCorner