Friday, October 6, 2006

A 3-day HAPPYning (part 1)

A 3-Day HAPPYning (part 1)

Foreword:
As I have said at my ‘pause blogging’ post, I’ll tell you what happened to me last September about some of my wicked days or gimmick days… This happened between three consecutive days… I will use my diary-style of writing in this story.
*background music: Pasubali by Sponge Cola*
Here we go…

September 8, 2006
Friday
SC’s album launch

Although I finish my intern already and completed 520 hours of struggling, rushing, studying, laughing… etc, and boring days, I still have to go and visit my boss and of course Robert for his last day of work. But that’s not my real reason why I need to step my feet out from our house, but instead I wanted to attend Sponge Cola’s album launch.

Bago ako pumunta sa intern-site kung saan ako natapos, dumaan muna ko sa Glorietta para bumili ng pasalubong. Eh tinatamad na ko bumaba, so naghanap na lang ako na mabibilhan on the way. Nakita ko yung isang shop na bilihan ng cake *di ko na sasabihin yung name ng shop*, ayun bumili ako ng dalawang boxes, yung isa para sa katabi naming section – for Sir Jing, Sir Nep, and Sir Mond – at yung isa para sa mga boss ko naman, sa section namin.

I arrived there nearly 4pm, greeted everyone same as they did and was so excited to see them again, gave them the cakes and talked for a while. When one of my bosses was not around, I quickly dialed my classmates’ number – she’s my buddy whenever I wanted to relax – and that is to attend gigs. We’ll see each other at the mall and she told me that she would bring someone.

The album launch should start at 7pm, but unfortunately *nakakainis* they can’t make it because of the rain so they moved it to 9pm. Pagkatapos ng mahabang pakikipagsapalaran sa ulan, we all got there safely naman, yun nga lang medyo basa. Since, di pa naguumpisa ang kasiyahan, we ate our dinner muna syempre. After that, rakrakan na!!!

Wooohooo!!! Woohooo!!! – grabe sigaw ako ng sigaw, and umaambon pa non pero nasa gitna na kami tapos nakapayong. The event is aired live at 97.1 LSFM, featuring sponge cola as the rocket launcher *oha!*. The band’s friends and family was there, of course their special someone was there too to support their album. Actually, nandun si papa Yani *wow papa hehehe jowk lang* - older bro ni yael – speaking of the vocalist, I saw her girlfriend holding a bottle of beer beside the stage. Just a little trivia, she’s the courtside reporter of ADMU at UAAP basketball game and she appeared in the video of Yakap sa Dilim by Sugrafree and commercial of Sunsilk “Girls Get It!”. The crowd was nice, well kung okay yung audience pano pa kaya yung performers.. astig sila. I can’t think of exact words to describe the whole launch – maybe the word ASTIG would bring it on. The band played couple of songs from their new album and some songs form their first album. The opening song is a combination of the songs from the first album, ang ganda non. Then, the 5 wrap up songs was great *naging 5 yun kasi humihirit pa kami*, yung Nakapagtataka lupit non, and as unexpected the version of Jeepney with beatboxing by Carlo mix together with the rock version of the Yael blended with advanced rock and roll gestures and ass kicking was simply the best. I told my buddy na kahit na di pa tapos basta 10 uwi na ko, wala! Di ko nasunod.. I really enjoyed it a lot, and I can’t afford to miss a song from them, sayang… I did not buy the cd yet because the band ended the singing at already 11pm and after non, autograph signing pa. I needed to go home that time, no, I wanted to go home that time kasi naman di ako nagpaalam. Kung bibili na ko ng cd, di ko rin mapapasign kaya next time na lang, sa event na may signing ng autograph na hindi late ang oras. ^_^

Of course, di pa doon nagtatapos ang araw ko. Pagdating ko, pinagalitan ako, malamang. Hmm… ayun.




Continuation next post….

*pasensya na, medyo magulo kwento ko, inaantok na kasi ako.. hehehe…*

0 comments:

 
Wicked Quest. Template Design By: SkinCorner