Thursday, October 26, 2006

BEQUEST

Preamble: I wrote this story two weeks ago and just finished writing this week. It took me that long because I'm damn busy regarding our design... sorry guys for keeping you waiting... and thanks for your patience.. I really need them now.. hehehe... Its hard for me to catch the idea of its ending... ang hirap mag-isip... so please comment on this one... thanks!!!! Enjoy reading!!! ^_^ muahugs!!
BEQUEST

“What time are you going to class tomorrow?”
“Class will answer that.”
“Alright then, mom’s going home early tonight, I have to cook for her. Need to go! See yah!”
“Yep.” I look at her as she faced her back to me. I marvel, didn’t she remember?

“Hey baby! Happy Birthday!!!”
“Moooommmm…..” I moan and turn to eye her. She kisses me good morning and comb my messy hair out of my face. “It’s early in the morning… I told you not to wake me up. I can open my eyes by myself”, I said still blinking.
“Aww.. baby… mom’s only trying to share her sweetness.. come on!”
“Yeah, come on… a 19-yr old guy babying by his mom in this sleepy hour… oh come on!”. I lean sideward and prepare for a blow sleep.
“You’ll come back home dead if you insist,” she said standing from the side of my bed with arms crossed. “You’re late baby.”
“What are you…oh shit! I didn’t remember I gave a day off to my alarm clock! God! It’s not moving… again!”
“See…”
I hurriedly take my bath and breakfast kisses mom and dad goodbye and kisses my little baby sister too.
“Haapp Peeettddeeeyyy kuuyyaaa…”
“I’ll bring you home an ice cream tonight… Like that? Huh?!”
“Mm!!!”
“Enjoy your birthday baby! Come home early huh, we’re going to celebrate!”, mom said.
“Yeah. Love you!”
“Oh yeah.. bring home your friend… the one…”
“Yeah. Yeah… I’ll ask her… got to go!”

Hiatory class doesn’t wake me up; I wonder why it irritates me today. I don’t seem to be me at all… I’m thinking of nothing but that infuriates me… and when I think of something, it only pinches the devil on me… watdapak.

“Hey! What are you doing here? You seem to have a next class right?”
“Yeah…. Uhm…. Kind of hungry… want to come with me?”
“Huh? Look. I’m only vacant for fifteen minutes, and my next class would be….. wa..wait… heeyy…!”
“Come on!”, I hold her wrist and drag her downstairs. “You’ll come with me if I carry you, I know you would.”
“Eh. You shit. Wa-wa-waaaiittt…I have feet… you idiot!!!!”
“Mm.” I gave her a little annoying smile and put her wrist back to her as we reach the final step outside the building. Jessie, a one-of-the-boys cute girl, is my friend since I first touch my college life – almost my best friend. She easily comes along with guys and is not hard to approach. She does what guys like to do, she brawls with me every time we play computer games, she plays guitar and very talented in music session. She is like my Arwen at my back in my hard times, and my DoTA hero who’s ready to fight at good times. Although I have a lot of guy friends who I shared my guy-thing and same with them to me, I treat Jessie as a different guy sealed in a woman’s body…*not exaggerating* But hey, I adore her like a goddess, she’s cute when we’re having fun and teasing moments.

She taps my back hard while we were walking towards our favorite food house and often hold my arm because I walk fast. She doesn’t want to left along the side walk and I don’t want to let her hands untied with my arms, so again I seize her wrist but now with gentle, I don’t want her to die on my grip.

“Now what? Tell me what’s wrong. Any problem?”, she asked while sitting on our table.
“None.”
“Then what are we doing here?”
“To eat.”
“Nakakainis to! Aabsent pa ko para lang samahan kita kumain!”
“At saka samahang umabsent.”
She does a mock-naughty facial expression and points her favorite meal on the menu. “Because you drag me all the way here, I like this. Because you held my hand so badly I like this. Because you’re a dumbass, I like this… hmm… And oh! Because I’m a dumb ass too, I like this!!!” – she said while alternating her eyebrows up and down, giving me a this-is-your-sentence-for-harassing-a-good-looking-girl glance.

“No problem. My treat.”
“Oh! You’re sick! I got to call your mom, and tell her to bring you home. Treating me is a symptom that it’s serious! And I have to set up for a party… you’re dying! How nice!”. Seems like over acting is a girl thing, and she does that perfectly.
I just show her a quick laugh as if I’m riding on what she says. “Yeah. I’ll kill you first.”

We took our meal together, sharing what we ordered of course like we always do, chatting about school stuff and barkada gimmicks. We take this day as an ordinary day and I’m not telling her about how important this day for me, well a number added to my age – feels good that I’m still alive to share things with Jessie.
“What time is it?,” I asked while finishing my drink.
“I’m sorry to tell you, it’s your time.”
“Aw.. then maybe I should demonstrate to you how it feels like… MY TIME..”
I received a sharp look from her with a teasing smile on her lips. She sips her drink and has a spoonful of her favorite desert – oozy choco ice cream. I look at her seriously, telling her mind to greet me, and I would be happier, but it’s not easy to have a telekinetic power besides its not even exists on my body.
“What’s with that stare?”
“Nothing. Can’t you remember anything today?”
“I can remember a lot of things today. What do you mean?”
“Mm.” I nodded a nothing-answer to her and continued to drink.
“Hopeless… tsk tsk tsk…” After a couple of seconds, she started to move uncomfortably, dancing her waste on her seat.
“Oh shit! There’s something on my pocket!!! I think it’s a…a… I don’t know what it is! Come on remove it Jez, faster!!!”
“What?! Why don’t you pull it out on yourself?!” I said with panic. I never used to pick a thing or whatever inside someone’s pocket, except mine.
“Wh.. gay?! Come on! Pick it out!!!! Shhiitt!!!” She sat still holding her uniform up where her pocket is.
“Wha… Okay. Don’t move!” choice less, I hurriedly move up and position at her back, I held her hand again, and slides my right palm to her pocket. I was unaware of what was moving on the tip of my finger, until I felt like my fingers are not moving.
“Aw!!!,” I cried madly as if I had no hand at all. I pulled my hand out of her pocket and jumped quickly to my seat.
“What the hell! Are you trying to kill me!?!?! Wha… What is this?!?! A mouse trap on your pocket!!! You’re addict!!!”. My veins won’t run anymore to my fingers. I carefully release my fingers before it and blow them like what my mom did when I was still a weakling child. Attach to the little mouse trap is a cute feathered black box, shaped like a guitar.
“Happy Birthday!!!,” She greeted at last! After a long mind talking sessions. Her eyes look like an angel while laughing at me, and knowing her trip was a big success. “Thought I don’t remember, right? I won’t. You know that you’re my only special friend.”
“Mm. Nice trip. And what’s this? Your gift?!”
“Genius. Obviously!”

I untied the scuffed-style ribbon around it and opened the box. A small glass plaque shape like a tombstone with embedded letters welcomed me at first glance. With unexplainable excitement running through me, I removed it from its parcel and read the letters written on it.

“Here lies one special,
A fun handsome guy,
A pure loving soul,
A sweet-sexy-thingy body,
Born stupid, grow dumbass;

Convene by seraphs, befall crazy;
Life turns to hell meeting Jessie.”

HAPPY BIRTHDAY.
I LOVE YOU.”

I smiled. I turned to her and she looks like expecting a comment from me. This gift shielded by her company is the only present I received that totally blast my spirit. “Ugh. No words can describe what I feel right now. This one is unique.”
She smiled as if she was contented from what I said. She grabbed her drinks and finishes it with a thumbs-up gesture. I was hampered by the time and carried out by the moment as I reached her hand without even knowing I did. “Thanks.” I whispered.
“Your welcome.” She replied.
I held her hand closely to mine, and leaned forward towards her. I did it without looking at her instead my eyes is attended on the gift she gave. Still holding her hands, I looked up to find her eyes. The fact that I’m doing such things dwell only in my dreams, moment has come to bring my thoughts to bona fide. Her eyes speaks to me, the words I will cry would mean I can now die.

“I love you too…”

0 comments:

 
Wicked Quest. Template Design By: SkinCorner