Friday, May 19, 2006

"i'm not a hugger" - ano daw?

“I have something for you.”

“Hmm???”

“Tadaaahh!!! Happy Birthday!!! ^_^”

“Wha… Aww.. Thanks! ^_^ You surprise me! I do not expect any gifts this day. I’m so thankful!!! Come on give me a hug!”

“Huh”

“Can I hug you?!” – Without any response from him, she hugs him as tight as she can. “Thank you!”, she said.

“Yeah. ‘ope you like it. I spent couple of hours for that card.”

“Really?! I’ll keep this don’t worry! I will treat this as one of my precious… my precious… my prreeccciiooouusss… *groar*.. ahihi! Thanks!”

IN TEXT:

She: I noticed you didn’t hug me back when I gave you my sweet hug a while ago.

He: Aww.. I’m not used to hug like you…

She: Why?

He: Uhm.. I.. I’m not a hugger.

She: You’re not comfortable hugging someone?

He: Not really. It’s just that I do not know you yet that much.

She: Then, why did you give me a gift?

He: I do not know. Because I like to.

She: Okay…

***

I went to a bookstore this afternoon, well, just to have something to do and have somewhere to go while waiting for the time to pass by. Its lunch break and I knew ‘office people’ in the campus are busier during this time. As I scan each shelf and some books about origin of ‘the secret’ and decoding ek-ek… eklavou… etc… I found a book about friendship and relationship, uhm.. something like that. I forgot the title *err*. It was small and thin. Each pages on the left shows a sentence about values like “Human touch is a healer”, while on each pages on the right is the explanation or supporting short paragraphs about that certain value.

One of the pages tells about hugging. A simple hug can heal any bad feelings, or simply a human touch can. *Yah. How true!* A person who insist he is not a hugger should be respected because that’s how he feels. He is not a hugger because he is not or whatever. But according to the book, this doesn’t mean that you’ll not respond when someone tries to have contact with you, physically. Instead, hug can be replaced by a simple tap on the shoulder, hand shake, or any hand touch. Human touch heals anything from within.

“A HUMAN TOUCH CAN MEAN SO VERY MUCH.”

0 comments:

 
Wicked Quest. Template Design By: SkinCorner