Tuesday, May 16, 2006

STILL

i dedicate this to my friend.... dethdeth... yiieee.. luv u girl!!! ^_^


STILL

‘Still think about you… still dream about you… still want you and need you by my side… still mad about you… all I ever wanted was you… still the one… still the one…’

I was listening to this song and singing at the same time, of course trying hard to be a singer with a comb in my hand collaborating with Brian McKnight. I’m just a petit girl who loves inspiring music, wakes up early in the morning, goes to school, meets up with friends just like any sensible women do, no big deal.


I’m walking along the corridor in our building with my bag hanging on my shoulder when one of my friends, Kath, approaches and asks me if I can go with her outside. So, I said yes putting my things on the chair. We are sitting on a bench shed by a tall tree while eating and watching students passed by. So, to avoid getting bore or something, we decide to play a game, ranking guys from 1 to 5, as 5 being the highest or meaning has the ‘most can carry – best looking – looks’. I know we’re tripping but its necessary especially when we’re studying in a university having a huge population of teenagers. As we go laughing at each other’s scores, there passed a guy that actually caught my attention, but I didn’t react differently for Kath might tease me if she notices me, instead I did the same thing, I ranked him 4. Four enough for the ‘can carry style’ and a ‘cute’ look, but there’s something in him that I feel unexplainable. I don’t know why but since then I always look around looking someone like him.

The bell rang and our History subject was over. I packed up all my things in my handy bag, bring my two books with my hand and ran hurriedly upstairs for our next subject. Suddenly, I saw a white image coming fast towards me and then ‘ouch!’, I find myself sitting on the floor with my books all messed up. I was about to stand when someone lent me his hand and helped me; I stood up and say thanks tapping all the possible dirt stuck on my pants. At that very moment my bag and my books were in front of me carrying by the student who bumped me. I took it and looked to his face to say sorry but no word came out from my mouth when I realized that he was the same guy I ranked 4 before.

“Sorry”, he said with a toxic smile on his face.

“That’s okay”, I answered as I can’t keep my eyes out of him. I felt like the time stopped looking to each other until I blinked and remembered that I was in hurry.

“Thanks!” – the last word I gave to him that day with my heart jumping because of joy.

Two days later, I’m listening to my favorite song ‘Unpretty’ when our phone rang, twice I said ‘hello’ but no one answered me, on the third time, a shy gentle voice came out…

“Uhmm… hello, is this Apple?’

“Yeah and who’s this?”

“I’m Laurence, the one who bumped you before”.

“What?! I mean who?! Aww.. Uhm.. How do you know my name? and how did you get my number?”

“A piece of paper fell out from your book that day with a name, address, and phone number, so I guess it’s yours. I’m sorry…”

“Oh, there’s nothing to sorry about, I was the one who to blame. I apologize…”

“No it’s me…”

“Oh no it’s me…”

As we go over and over pleasing each other, and then we end up laughing and forgiving ourselves. Our conversation lasted for almost an hour and a half just sharing some stuffs, you know, like getting to know each other.

“Can we become friends?”, he asked.

“Oh sure! It’s my pleasure…”

“How about eating lunch together?”

“Oh okay.. anytime… as long as your treat why not! Kidding!”

I hung up the phone and threw myself to my bed, hugging my bear pillow and smiling with my mind flying.

We eat lunch together since that conversation, we’re becoming good friends, yes good friends. But my feelings is getting stronger, I feel that I love him more and more each day. Do I have to tell him? But what if he changed? I don’t want our friendship to be ruin, but what should I do? I can’t take this anymore, I want him. Okay enough! I won’t say anything to him. I’m a girl and that’s not the way how to win a guy’s heart, he might get turn off at me. Oh what am I thinking? Errr… Stop your fantasies Apple. Your just an Apple… your not a Mango! Come on!

Hours, days, weeks, months passed. We still do the same thing as friends. Nothing change. Nothing new on him, but me. It was my heart getting bigger and bigger.

One day we spent my birthday together. He gave me a CD, but the songs there we’re not written in the front cover, as his present. We ate a lot and shared almost the whole day singing in the videoke, dealing with our scores. I’m very happy that day, that was the wonderful birthday I ever had. He waves goodbye to me with a loving smile on his face as he walked away from our home.

When he was gone, I rushed up to my room, turn on my CD player, put the CD he gave to me then play it. While I’m listening to the first song, ‘No Ordinary Love’, my cellphone rang. It was Laurence!

“Ei Laurence! Wassup? See I’m listening to the CD you gave me right now, so I’m busy. Oh by the way thanks!”

“Yeah, I can hear it. You were playing it very loud naughty girl. Well I’m not going to make this conversation long, I just want to sing… or I mean say a happy birthday! This day was so great! Thank you for being my bestfriend! I want to say something but… oh never mind, just take care of yourself… Bye..”

“Hey wait!”. The line dropped. I tried to call him but his cellphone was already off. So I continue listening instead. After the 15th song which is ‘Separated’, I heard Laurence voice talking.

‘Hey there my dear bestfriend! You know what?! I’m so happy being with you, the times we spent together, the precious moments we’ve shared… you really rocks! I never had a friend like you before. But actually, I don’t want you…. I don’t want you only as my friend, because you’re special to me. Sometimes I think, I love you already. Yeah I love you. I want you always on my side, but I’m afraid to tell you. I don’t want to destroy our friendship, I’m sorry for all the wrong things I’ve done. By the way, my family and I will transfer in Cavite and by this coming enrollment, I’m not going to study in our school anymore. I settled all the requirements I need, I’m sorry I didn’t tell you about this before for you might hate me at all. This is our last day together. I have to go because everytime I see you, my love is getting stronger. Ei take care of yourself pare ko… eat for me while you’re eating lunch huh! Stay as cool as you are! You’re the best! This is Laurence who loves you more than I do.. umuah… umuah… muahhuuggss…’

The whole room was quiet. I sat silently embracing my feet with my head bow in my knees. My eyes were closed until I felt something coming out from it and dropped to the casing of the disc. Tears fell from my eyes as I listened to the very last song after his message.

‘Still think about you… still dream about you… still want you and need you by my side… still mad about you… all I ever wanted was you… still the one… still the one…’

0 comments:

 
Wicked Quest. Template Design By: SkinCorner