Saturday, May 13, 2006

A TRIP TO BATAAN

hiii!! ^_^
after fixing a couple of mess under my cabinet... i have recovered an article made by own hands... *whoaallaa!!* >_<> wehehe... *wag k ng ano! kokontra pa eh!* .. anyway, this article was used in our newsletter on my first year in college... actually, ung newsletter na un was for finals namin, by pair po un... and ung partner ko *hi bert ^_^* is magaling... and i'll try to ask him kung payag sya na ipost ang kanyang articles here.. so there... pagtyagaan nyo n lng wlang kwenta wenta kong article.. pinagawa kami ni sir ng ewan na maraming adjectives ata un.. at etoh ang nagawa ko... ehehe...

PS.. this story is based on my experience... yep!! most of them really happened...
so, enjoy your readiiinnngggggg...... ^_^



A TRIP TO BATAAN

Happy birthday Joyce! It was March 10, Joyce – my friend and former classmate in high school – 17th birthday, when we talked about going in some of the resorts in Bataan the following week since her family allowed us to come with them. I was so excited packing my things in a very huge bag before the day of our departure: my clothes, my food, and of course my camera.

Early morning, as far as I know, was as early as 1:00, my friends and I with the celebrant riding on an eleven by eleven person jeepney left the Traifalgar’s residence going to our destination. There were five vehicles including Joyce family and us and relatives living in Antipolo and Valenzuela, quite more huh?! “This would be so fun”, we said.

The infinite shadows of the mountains is can be seen on the way there as my back is freezing because of the cold wind bumping my skin. The crooked course makes our jeep turns almost sideways while running. Although I can’t see the things around us because of the darkness, I know that we are crossing a deep abyss so I pray that we all get there safely.

The sun was peeping out from the green mountains lined up together as if wishing us a warm perception when we arrived there. I had my towel wrapped over me while taking a deep inhale of fresh air. In the foot of the high hill near us, there were tall green grasses planted in a wide rich soil. They’re dancing swiftly as the wind blows through them. On the other side, standing several cottages, which made by layered dry leaves as the roof and in the side encircling the wide round table are the wooden seats. I thought we’re going to stay in a hut like that but I was wrong, we rested in a big traditional house build in the center after the entrance of the resort. My friends and I put our things in one and only room in the second floor with a round window showing the beautiful nature surrounded us.

My feet were sinking as I walk to the very soft dirty white sand that I couldn’t take another step because it feels heavy. At last, the vast expanse of the sea was approaching me. The sounds of the waves were calling me to have a step into the water. So I did. I was feeling lifting up as the wave bounce through my feet. The salty seawater was so cold and clean that I can even see myself reflecting on it; until I was feeling my stomach was rumbling, need to eat something I think.

While walking towards the house, I smelled the roasted chicken cooked already – felt like my ears were clapping. In the long rectangular table, I saw my friends laughing while talking to each other and their plates were ready for serving, so I took mine and get ready too. The chicken was chopped into pieces so as the long broiled fish before placed in a banana leaf while my tongue swiped my lips over and over again watching it. I got my hot smoking rice before I put two slices of chicken and fish; washed my hands and started to eat with my bare naked fingers. I don’t want to stop eating after I chewed the juiciest chicken I ever tasted; my tummy almost came out from my body and ate it by itself.

After I have eaten, I have changed my clothes I wear to get ready for swimming. Before we went to the beach, we have rented a very big black life buoy that looks like a huge tire that almost eight people can fit on it. I have joined my friends in playing beach volleyball, though I’m not that tall for the position of the tosser but at least I tried to win the game. I have chased all my friends in the game ‘mataya-taya’ where we can’t step into the seashore, just run or swim to the cold water. It was hard that me myself can’t breathe properly and my eyes were almost stuck out while I’m trying to spew all the salty water I have drunken.

The sand was getting warm as I lay on it when I get tired of playing. The dazzling light of the sun was made my eyes close slowly. My body was all tired that I feel sleeping already; until I heard a loud sound of motor boat coming, so I opened my eyes and sat trying to find where it is. I saw four people jumping into the water from the boat when it stopped in the shore. I got up and talked to the man handling the boat if we can ride there, he said of course but thirty pesos each. I hardly think about it because I knew my companions don’t have any money so am I, therefore I told them and let them decide. After a tough pleasing, we end up riding to the boat without any fare, how was it? I guessed we got manong through our flowery tongue and fairy-like face…haha! Are we gorgeous enough? Nah just kidding, but its true that the boat carried us without spending any bucks.

As the boat ran, breath-taking surroundings cheered us, while we’re singing together our ‘tropang oluaris’ song. We went to other resort near the island standing in the middle of the water – there we took pictures in the bridge crossing the river that was connected to the sea. Little jellyfishes approached us while we’re enjoying the seawater so se decided to go back to the boat and asked ‘manong’ if he could bring us around. The mansion-like house at the top of the mountain-cliff stole our noises with amazement in our eyes. Manong said that the owner of Max restaurant owned it; no doubt it looked like a palace floating in the cloud. The sun was overhead and our stomach was singing with us going back to our resort. For the last minute in the boat, thin fishes were jumping from the water and there were hundreds or thousands of them swimming and flying in the air simultaneously with our boat’s direction. We almost made the boat sank jumping in place with our eyes wide open and drooled because of amazement. We’re still like paranoid talking to each other what was happened while having our lunch.

Way back home at six in the afternoon, we’re all powerless leaning to each other, looking the color changed in our skin. A big cross standing tall on the peak of the mountain which had been part of the history waved us goodbye before I totally got slept with a smile on my face. What a different outing I had, thanks to Joyce with a wonderful Bataan trip experience.

0 comments:

 
Wicked Quest. Template Design By: SkinCorner