Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Missing Highschool

i wrote this article for our newsletter... again... almost 4 years ago...
haha!! walang kakwenta kwenta...

MISSING HIGH SCHOOL

Oh high school life… I miss u so much! The laughter we’ve shared, the trials we’ve faced, the secrets we’ve had, how can I forget all of that? Since the first day I came to you, you welcomed me with your arms wide open until my last minute on your side, you make my life so colorful.

I remember my first time with you. I was so cold then, my knees were shaking and my heart was beating so fast not knowing what struggles I am facing. I was so nervous but then you held your hand in mine and said, ‘Don’t worry, you will be fine’. I took a deep breath before I speak to you for my words might sound strange in your ears. You told me to stand up and say something about myself in front of many students for most of them don’t know me yet, so I did, since then I thought you can build me into a woman, so I trusted you.

I was able to give up but you told me to be strong. You taught me how to stand on my own feet in my first year with you. I was thankful you gave me a lot of friends who really helped me a lot. To unite all of us, we called ourselves D’ OLUARIS of course including you, you helped me form that name right? Many headaches you brought to me: doing projects, assignments, having exams at the same time, but I learned how to overcome from it, that’s why I became one of our class top ten. Oh, I almost lose that honor before the end of the school year because the mother of one of our classmates, Shette, moaned about what I did to her daughter. Yeah, I know that was wrong, putting my fingers in her head as if it looks like horn, but that was all of it. The issue became bigger and bigger that I can’t imagine I made a complete trouble. I found myself with you and other friends fighting with Shette’s sister and her group outside the school. The news brought to the whole campus after that day, teachers knew what I did, so they kicked me to the guidance office. It’s okay, its not my first time to sign in the record book, I can manage myself in front of my professors without showing any tears, I can fix the mess I made. A little disgrace was attached to my name since that day, in spite from all of those, I received my medal and the title of 3rd honor.

On my second year, you showed to me what high school really means. You taught me how to manage my time. Our friendship became stronger and stronger as days go by. The big deal about this is that I learned how to drink because you influenced me. The wine you asked me to taste was good, I almost drunk five full glasses but I didn’t felt anything until I reached my tenth glass, my last gulp, but it felt like I’m only drinking water while you were sprawling in my back, snoring very loud.

In our class while our teachers was not around, you showed me how to play games of chance for money, although you taught me I just tried thrice then I stopped. I found it boring. Instead, I enjoyed chasing our other friends, running through the narrow ways of our classrooms and laughing to the student who would stumble. The whole year, your angry voice I always hear trying to scold us, you even tried to bring me to the principal’s office but you failed to.

When I stepped into my third year, I know I’m facing a lot of problems. You gave me much pressure and most especially you taught me how to be in love when all your purpose is to hurt me in order to grow. You introduced this guy to me but I didn’t know that he liked me, I only found out when you started teasing me. So he courted me, we became friends and sooner I became his girlfriend. Everyday we see each other, but we won’t talk often because I’m taking up CO and my officer was his classmate who used to be with him any time. You told me some advice every time we had an argument. We lasted for less than four months after the issue of other girl flirting with him. I’m not feeling okay after we broke up, my smile was gone, but you always cheer me up. You told me that he’s not worth it, I trusted you that’s why I tried to forget him.

The whole third year encouraged me to go on because of all the sacrifices I face to be an officer. Remember those nasty things you forced me to do? Oh that was the most disgusting part of my life, but then I did. I proved to myself that I’m brave, I can do what you can do, if you can pick a piece of candy on the ground using your mouth, I can do it too.

At last my final year came, I don’t want to reach my 4th year yet, I’m not ready to lose you. I spent most of my time with you and our friends, D’ OLUARIS. We decided to go out of town every weekend, visited different places, and had an outing, we’re so happy forgetting all of our fears and problems.

I usually used my rank as an officer to control other CO, I really enjoyed it because I’ve been from that road too.

Graduation came; I can’t stop thinking that we’re going to separate. Until the very last day, you didn’t let me fall, you told me to hold on. Before the ceremony ended, I can’t stop myself from crying, tears fell from my eyes as I embraced all of our classmates, all of our teachers and co-officers, took some pictures and gave some remembrances. I called all of the members of our group, we were crying while singing our exclusive OLUARIS song, which I originally composed. The saddest part of my high school life came, I kept on tearing while hugging you, I kissed you as goodbye on the cheek and hold your hand as tight as I could. I started to walk away from you hearing the words ‘Good luck for the next chapter of your life’.

0 comments:

 
Wicked Quest. Template Design By: SkinCorner